Guided Walking Tour : Bordeaux must sees
What to visit in Bordeaux?
You won't have missed it: Bordeaux has become a leading destination in recent years. Incensed by the press and nominated as the place to travel to by various tourist guides such as the Lonely Planet, the "Port of the Moon" must absolutely appear on the list of your next visits!
Bordeaux is a beautiful city that has changed significantly over the last 15 years thanks to a strong political will behind this metamorphosis. Did you know that? Bordeaux is the city with the most protected buildings in France, behind Paris. The city of Bordeaux has no less than 360 monuments classified as historical monuments. We find here one of the largest protected districts known as "Secteur sauvegardé Malraux" and was even listed by UNESCO in 2007!
Come and discover the alignment of the superb 18th century facades that line up along the docks of the Garonne River. From the right bank of Bordeaux, you will be able to contemplate the elegance and harmony that have contributed to its UNESCO label.
With this "Bordeaux highlights tour"
I propose you to discover the main monuments of "la Belle Endormie" (the sleeping beauty) with a guided walking tour that can be adapted to your centers of interest. Our itinerary will allow you to understand the history of the city and its development through history and space. You will be able to admire the main monuments of the city of Bordeaux:
- The Grand Theatre de Bordeaux considered one of the most beautiful in Europe
- The emblematic monument dedicated to the Girondins, whose fountain ponds miraculously escaped the campaigns to metals requisition during the Occupation
- the Place de la Bourse (Stock Exchange square) and its now famous water mirror, which is said to be one of the largest in the world (you will soon learn that Bordeaux is the city of superlatives!).
- the streets of Old Bordeaux districts...
Thanks to these landmarks to better understand the city's setting, you will then have the keys to better appreciate the secrets of Bordeaux when continuing your exploration.
We will also discover the secrets of the Pont de Pierre, Bordeaux's oldest bridge, which is full of little stories and urban legends dear to the heart of Bordelais; but we will also talk about modern Bordeaux: its tramway, which has been awarded several times for its ingenious operation and design, or the Jacques Chaban-Delmas bridge with its counterbalance lift system, inaugurated in 2013....
The visit can start from a meeting point that we will fix together and then we will go together to discover the sites and monuments of the city.
- The services of a licensed tour guide for guided walking tour up to 3 hours
- A custom guided tour according to your interests through the streets of Bordeaux and passing in front of the city's landmarks and must sees
- Personal expenses
- Please note that there may be an extra charge if departure earlier than 10.00
- Entrance fees in monuments and museums